There has been weaving recorded at Melin Tregwynt since the 1839 census, but the company today was founded by Henry Griffiths, the present owners grandfather: when he bought the mill at 1912.

Since then the old-fashioned hand looms and then flying shuttle looms have all been replaced by more modern rapier looms but our signature double cloth, Cartheni, Welsh Blankets and Upholstery Tweeds are still flying off the machines.

The water wheel has been restored and, though it can no longer drive the looms we hope it will generate power again in 2018…..watch this space!